Saturday, November 10, 2007

DIY Wooden Boat Rack

I needed a rack on my truck to carry my two kayaks and my new bass hunter fishing boat. I didn't want to spend too much and metal ladder racks were at least $200 but I could not find one to fit my S-10 pickup. So after thinking about it for awhile the cheapest and best method I came up was this 2X4 rack.

The uprights at mounted to the bed by using angle brackets that work with the electrical rail that I have mounted on both sides of my truck bed. I have done this on several trucks and the rails allow me to create all kinds of things.

The cross rails have some left over boat deck carpet on them and I have mounted several angle brackets on both sides to act as anchor points for my tie down straps.

If anyone needs more specifics or can't figure something out from the pictures please contact me and I will help anyway I can.

1 Comments:

At 1:34 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I am looking to do the same thing to my '03 S10.
What is the Electrical Rail you have on your truck and how is it secured to the bed rail?

Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home