Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Wal-Mart $348 Acer Laptop Problem Solved

About two weeks ago Wal-Mart announced their early Black Friday specials. One special was an Acer Aspire 5315 Laptop for $348. As this laptop sounded better than the one I had I just had to have one. My wonderful wife made the journey and got me one.

For the last two weeks I have trying it out. Everything works very well except everyone has been complaining about the nervous touchpad. I have been trying different downloaded drivers as neither Acer nor Microsoft offers any real touchpad driver support for Vista. After trying three and only locking up the computer twice, tonight I finally found one that has been working like it should about two hours. It can be found at http://www.synaptics.com/support/drive.cfm.

I had to make sure that I got the Vista32 version, I made that mistake last week. Anyway things are working well except for the occasional bump of the touchpad when I am typing.

Hope this helps someone as it has been a struggle but still fun to solve and computer problem.

Robert

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home