Sunday, January 20, 2008

Me versus the Coyotes: Coyotes 8, Me 0

After not hunting for more than 35 years, I decided this past December to start hunting coyotes. The fishing in Arizona is not very good during the winter so I needed another hobby to fill the gap till spring.

After 8 trips, the coyotes have evaded me every time. This past weekend I hired a guide to teach me what I have been doing wrong. I did learn several things that I could do differently that might improve chances.

I have discovered that hunting coyotes is a lot like fishing for catfish. You have to be in the right place at the right time with the right bait. You also need a healthy dose of patience. One of the reps for a major call company has said that her success rate is one in ten trips, so I guess I need to go hunting a couple more times.

Robert

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home